[Wikimania-l] Thanks for the filming!

Jay Walsh jwalsh at wikimedia.org
Sun Jul 11 18:00:56 UTC 2010

Wikimaniacs,

Over the last three days i've been working with a film crew to videotape about 40 or so Wikimedia volunteers. I know that's merely a cross-section, but we heard stories from every part of the world, and the enthusiasm, love, and brilliance in our movement is incredible.

We asked/pitched some of you for filming but may not have brought you in by the end. Very sorry if so - we took longer in many cases as the conversations were just so good. An enormous dzienkuje to all of you, whether filmed or not. Your patience and good humor will go far in helping us tell the story of our movement and bring in new editors and participants. If this works well i hope we can do it again, and more efficiently so all who are interested can participate next year.

Also a big dzienkuje to the WM planning crew for helping WMF find space to set up our studio, tolerate our work, and support our vision. And thanks for having WM in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.

We'll be sharing the footage with the people we interviewed soon, then taking these videos to the world. Stay tuned for a premiere in August.

Enjoy a wonderful world cup and safe travels to all!

-----
Jay Walsh
Head of Communications
wikimediafoundation.org