[Wikimania-l] Airport Pickup

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Fri Jul 2 15:37:30 UTC 2010

On 02/07/2010 11:09 AM, phoebe ayers wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am not on the official logistics team so I cannot tell you exactly where
> to go when you arrive. But I can give you a little bit of general gdansk
> travel information:

Thanks, Phoebe, that's appreciated.  It's the first time I travel to a
location where I do not speak any of the local languages so basic
expectations are useful to have (how much to expect paying for a cab
amongst them).

How likely is it that people involved in trourism (cabbies, hotel staff,
restaurants) speak basic English or French?  I'm generally fairly good
at improvising enough of a pidgin to get by if I have a fair expectation
that I have at least some vocabulary in common.

-- Coren / Marc