[Wikimania-l] Technical resources?

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 20:05:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Kurt Bollacker <kurt at longnow.org> wrote:

> I thought I'd ask about the technical resources available for
> presentations and the conference in general:
>
> 1. Will WiFi be available throughout the venue?

Yes.  Wifi is available throughout, and we're working on "beefing it
up" so everybody has coverage everywhere in the Philharmonic.

> 2. I assume that projectors/screens will exist to which presenters can
>   connect laptops.  Or is there another arrangement?

Every assigned room will have a projector with standard VGA and RCA connections.

> 3. Are there any specific IRC channels or other "backchannel" forums
>   suggested for informal communications?

#wikimania on irc.freenode.net is the official channel, and I'm sure
more topical ones will branch off as they usually do.

Austin