[Wikimania-l] Wikimedia Conference NL - Call for Presentations

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Sun May 27 19:40:41 UTC 2007

Dear all,

On 27 October 2007 the Association Wikimedia Netherlands (Dutch chapter)
will organize the Wikimedia Conference Nederland for the second time. This
edition will have the theme "Wikis and education", and is targeting both the
Wikimedia communities and the education sector. To provide a balanced
program both interesting for the Wikimedia communities as for the visitors
from the education sector, it is important that a wide range of lectures is
provided.

The main language of the conference will be Dutch, but I would however like
to invite everybody to propose a talk in English if (s)he feels that it
would add something to the conference. I foresee that we will have several
talks in English, as not every subject can be covered by Dutch speakers.

The conference will consist of three tracks:
*Wikis for education (the use of wikis in the education sector)
*Wikitech (Technical developments and enhancements)
*Wikimedia Rainbow (a broad range of subjects related to Wikimedia)

Proposals can be sent until 1 July 20 to wcn <at> wikimedia <dot> org.
All proposals should contain: Title, summary (200-300 words),type of
presentation, track, the name and contact details of the lecturer and
possibly other notes. Please mention if you are able to cover the costs
for attending and speaking at the conference yourself or if you would
require reimbursement.

I hope to receive several proposals from abroad, and also hope that several
people will be able to visit the conference. We aim at having one
presentation in the English language in each time frame during the
conference, but cannot guarantuee that. Shortly the presubscriptions will
open. Please keep an eye on this list and/or the website of Dutch chapter.
The website will later on be provided with more English information.

Of course any input would be appreciated for the conference, as are tips for
appropriate speakers.

Best regards,

Lodewijk Gelauff,
Program coordinator Wikimedia Conference NL committee