[Wikimania-l] Wikimania posters

Ben Yates ben.louis.yates at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 03:09:30 UTC 2007

Heh, thanks.  Those files are all editable in Illustrator, if anyone
wants to have a go.

Here's my first shot at revising the text:

"Wikimania is an annual community event open to scientists and the public.

Wikimania is hosted by Wikimedia, the organization behind Wikipedia,
Wikimedia Commons, and other free projects.

Wikimania will explore the form and future of free knowledge, free
content, and free culture."

If nobody sees problems, I'll update the posters.  (Otherwise, other
people should hash out the specifics since I don't know that much
about this year's Wikimania.)

Cheers

On 3/1/07, phoebe ayers <brassratgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/1/07, Jakob Voss <jakob.voss at nichtich.de> wrote:
> > Ben Yates wrote:
> >
> > > I redid a couple of the posters from last year (they were made too
> > > late to be used for publicity, but I think it's early enough this
> > > year).
> > >
> > > http://benyates.info/WMPosters/
> >
> > Thanks, but please follow the visual guidelines and do not change the
> > color and shape of Wikimania logo. So
> >
> > http://benyates.info/WMPosters/Wikimania%20poster%202.pdf
> > http://benyates.info/WMPosters/Wikimania%20poster.pdf
> >
> > are not appropiate but
> >
> > http://benyates.info/WMPosters/Wikimania%20poster%20plain.pdf
> >
> > is ok. You can add some colors, borders etc but not the the name
> > "Wikimania" and not to the logo.
>
> Heh. You know Ben designed the logo in the first place, right? So I
> suppose he can redesign it if he chooses... those posters are based on
> some of the possible mockups from last year. The text is partly based
> on last year's CfP and other materials; it should be reworked for this
> year's conference to reflect this year's different CfP.
>
> If the conference is really only going with the original logo with one
> set of colors, that should be made clear for all the designers. I
> didn't think there had really been any consensus over whether that
> logo should be the "official" logo for Wikimania (now and in the
> future), or whether there can be variations in color, etc. My only
> opinion is that I like Ben's posters!
>
> cheers,
> phoebe

Ben Yates