[WikiEN-l] Encyclopedia or Gossip Rag

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 7 14:28:42 UTC 2012

on 10/7/12 9:55 AM, Fred Bauder at fredbaud at fairpoint.net wrote:

> Depends on reliability of the source and notability. If the subject was
> Barack Obama and the sources were The Washington Post, The New York
> Times, AND The Wall Street Journal, the mere report would be
> encyclopedic.
>
> If the subject was Joe the Plumber and the source was perezhilton.com/, no.
>
> Answering your specific question requires reference to the factual
> situation, but, no, we are not a "gossip rag."

It was not my intention to suggest that we were a "gossip rag". It was my
intention to suggest that we are above that.

The reliability of the source should, in this case, be irrelevant. What
should be relevant is if the subject of the report has been publicly
hypocritical concerning the issue then, yes, is should be reported. But only
to stress the hypocrisy, not the "infidelity".

Marc