[WikiEN-l] Encyclopedia or Gossip Rag

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Sun Oct 7 14:11:16 UTC 2012

Seems marginal, but it's not oversightable, for several reasons: It has a
reasonably reliable source (The National Enquirer has a good track record
in this area of interest); the subject and his date are public figures;
suppression would only make it worse.

The only part I have trouble with is the privacy consideration of
publishing such private information about reporters such as the female
reporter in this instance. I'm not sure merely being a reporter makes you
a public figure and opens up whatever someone chooses to expose about
your private life. For example, local TV reporters, who cares about their
private lives? Yet, supposedly they are fair game simply because they
regularly appear on camera.

Fred