[WikiEN-l] Encyclopedia of Life passes 1 million pages

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu May 10 03:50:57 UTC 2012

On 9 May 2012 21:44, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://eol.org/info/press_releases/info/May_9
>
> So - is EoL of any relevance to us? Is there any potential for synergy?

Well they do use some of our articles although they highlight them as
unreliable. The rest of their material meets our reliable source
guideline.

They are also a useful measure in a number of respects. Obviously
there is the direct one of "this is what you can do if you just throw
money at the encyclopedia problem" (something to be kept in mind when
the foundation tries to justify its budget). But its also a standard
of what we need to be more innovative than (the reason I want a video
of every single animal is that they want a pic of every single
animal).

--
geni