[WikiEN-l] Current consensus on PR editing?

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:07:06 UTC 2012

On 6/13/12, Tom Morris <tom at tommorris.org> wrote:

> If instead of saying "what do we think of PR people editing
> Wikipedia?" we said "under what circumstances should administrators
> act on the requests of PR people?", I think we might have a way out of
> the conundrum.

One small correction there. Administrators hold no special position
with regards to editing. All editors in good standing with a good
grasp of policies and guidelines and how to edit can help answer such
questions (such as questions or suggestions placed on the talk page of
an article, as is one suggested approach). Administrators are only
needed when you have deletions or undeletions taking place, and that
isn't always the case (though I realise you were referring to that in
your example).

Not that the public at large really get the distinction, though.

Carcharoth