[WikiEN-l] Notability of commercial organisations

David Goodman dggenwp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 04:42:34 UTC 2012

The obvious solution is for more volunteers to write the articles. But
those who try get very discouraged when
their articles on clearly notable businesses get  sent for deletion
because people think the notability
standard should be even higher than it is .

I doubt that  making the standard even higher will produce more
editors; it is much more likely to chase away those we do have.
We need to make it easier to write articles--not just to write them
technically, but to get them accepted.