[WikiEN-l] Fwd: The counterattack of the PR companies

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:11:48 UTC 2012

On 4/19/12, Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at gmail.com> wrote:

> "You do realise that there have been over 5,000 newspaper articles on our
> company in the last 10 years, and only three of them mention that product
> recall?"

That might seem like a good point, but really, articles shouldn't be
constructed from surveys of newspaper articles. I know they are, in
practice, but they really shouldn't be. What is needed is something
beyond that, some indication that someone with the right credentials
has sat down and sorted through things and come to some sort of
independent conclusion. Some newspaper journalists do this, but not
many do.

Carcharoth