[WikiEN-l] "Corporate Representatives for Ethical Wikipedia Engagement"

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 19 00:13:31 UTC 2012

The pending changes stuff should probably be restarted in a new thread
(or the subject line changed, whichever is best). I've never been
clear, though, how 'recent changes' works, let alone pending changes.
Take a recent edit I reverted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Madeleine_Astor&diff=prev&oldid=488083471

Some would revert or undo that without a second thought. I thought for
a bit longer and sort of realised what was meant by the edit, but
still couldn't be bothered to engage with the (IP) editor who made
that edit, so reverted it with a half-explanation. Others would do
different things. Some would see potential there for explaining to an
IP editor how to edit, other would hit rollback. If it was a named
account, and not an IP editor, I vaguely remember there are some
welcome templates that can be used.

So my question is: how would an edit like that have been handled under
pending changes? Most likely rejected due to being mis-spelt and no
source provided, but where is the line drawn?

Carcharoth