[WikiEN-l] sad news

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:44:22 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM, Bob the Wikipedian
> <bobthewikipedian at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deceased_Wikipedians
>
> Oh dear. I see from reading that page that not only have we lost Ben
> Yates, but also Slrubenstein.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Rubenstein
>
> The death of both these Wikipedians was mentioned briefly in the Signpost:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2012-03-12/News_and_notes
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2012-03-19/News_and_notes
>
> Very sad news in both cases. My condolences to those that knew them.

Slrubenstein was a rock. Never could be trolled or drawn into a hostile
exchange. He did have very strong disagreements with people. The one
I remember him best by was over the proper expression of dates, and
over whether or not Wikipedia should show religious preference between
the the various candidates (my memory is hazy on what the various
alternatives were, but that might be because it wasn't one of my battles,
though I did read the arguments with interest and occasional amusement
and may just have made very minor comments on issues of fact). He had
a particular dry wit about him. Not of the emblematically British sort, but
more of the "What are you going to do to me? I am not going to fall into
the trap of hating you!" variety.