[WikiEN-l] "Corporate Representatives for Ethical Wikipedia Engagement"

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 4 15:25:28 UTC 2012

On 4 April 2012 15:10, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:

> We *should* have a category of BLP stubs, but I can't find it. Maybe
> someone can cross-reference the BLP category and the "people stub"
> category (and its sub-categories) and find out how many are BLPs.
>
> In principle that shouldn't be too hard to do, with Catscan 2.0 to
intersect categories for you. In practice the toolserver can't be taken for
granted. And it seems that the naive way of doing this produces a list that
is just too big (I took sub-categories to depth 5 there). To get an idea,
if you do 1950 births intersect people stubs you get something over 2000.
Which suggests the magnitude of the problem might be around 100,000.

Charles