[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia article on [[Santorum (neologism)]]

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu May 26 15:53:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011, George Herbert wrote:
> You are conflating the term (which associates someone with human
> waste) and our coverage of the term (which describes the term,
> descriptively, historically, and cultural and political contexts).

No, I am not.  I am conflating what the article says and the article does.

What the article *does* is smear a human being.  The fact that our rules don't
consider it to be a POV violation as long as as the article doesn't state a
position is a loophole in the rules.

You can't neutrally discuss how a person is compared to shit.  Not in any
real-world sense.