[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia article on [[Santorum (neologism)]]

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue May 24 16:43:20 UTC 2011

> I've no idea how the Wikipedia article manages to get itself represented
> twice, with two different titles (one of which redirects to the other).
> Personally, I think redirecting the thing to Santorum's BLP and covering
> it there would be the "encyclopedic" thing to do.
>
> The comparison to Bowdlerise, Orwellian etc. is IMO unrealistic. Those
> neologisms have stood the test of time, and have been used un-consciously
> in
> prose. "Santorum" is a conscious joke word.
>
> Andreas

Well, too much. I'm on-board for fighting fascism, but not using
Wikipedia as a vehicle. We need to have a policy discussion on-wiki about
this.

I've been actually reading the sources cited; this is interesting and
useful information, but needs to be handled more appropriately by both
Wikipedia and Google. We need to bring the creator, and protector, of the
article into the discussion too.

Fred