[WikiEN-l] Otto Middleton (a morality tale)

Scott MacDonald doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Fri May 13 00:38:31 UTC 2011

Yup.

But my point is celebrity stories in newspapers, if they use unnamed or
unattributable sources, are not reliable and should never amount to
verification.

We might as well source things from random internet blogs and claim: "but
this is verification (it may be true or not, but we don't care about
truth)".

"Verification not truth" must not be a suicide pact and certainly not an
excuse for sloppy publishing of gossip on BLPS.

Scott