[WikiEN-l] iCorrect

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 28 19:15:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> I couldn't find an obituary for Joel Renaldo, but I still had a lot of
> fun researching him. Anyone who doesn't think he is notable should ask O.
> Henry, if you can find him these days.

I don't get the connection.

Do you mean this O. Henry?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._Henry

Maybe if I read that article things will become clearer?

And the Joel Renaldo article is the very definition of an orphan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Renaldo

My other theory is that writing stand-alone articles is not a good
thing in the long-run. Articles should be created if there is a demand
for the articles from people *other* than those creating the articles.
In other words, enough *independent* and reasonable mentions/links in
other Wikipedia articles.

This prevents Wikipedia from disappearing up the fundament of its own
obscurity. i.e. Create articles that will be found by people arriving
from other articles, not obscure standalone articles that don't help
fill in redlinks elsewhere on Wikipedia.

Carcharoth