[WikiEN-l] iCorrect

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 12:48:30 UTC 2011

On 28 March 2011 12:38, Scott MacDonald <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> "It fails our reliable source requirement."-- geni
>
> Wow. Geni that's truly the remark that encapsulates exactly what's wrong
> with BLPs, and the irresponsible attitude of Wikipedia.

Since people can write anything there with zero fact checking its a
bit hard to see why you would want to use it as a source so much.

> Nevermind our many biased articles, factual errors, and stuff written from
> "reliable sources" (aka tabloid sensationalist hatchet jobs), we can dismiss
> the subject trying to set our record straight because it fails our
> Scriptural requirement. That's Wikipedia's myopic fundamentalism taken to
> its extreme.

The site is no different from someone's personal blog. I for one would
not be happy to encourage people to drop £1000 for a blog post but
perhaps you are.

> Ever considered the requirements just might occasionally be screwed?

Having dealt with some interesting BLP subjects over the years not
really. Now if someone were to start say the journal of BLP [[Citation
Needed]] with at least a nominal review process that would be a far
better approach and would have the advantage of not looking to sting
people for £1000.

--
geni