[WikiEN-l] Article Feedback - Ramp up to 10% of Articles

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:21:51 UTC 2011

> I'm cynical about this article feedback system for several reasons,
> chiefly the worry that it could exacerbate the templating trend of
> commenting on lots of articles rather than actually improving a few.

I'm also slightly circumspect about the idea (though not outright opposed or
anything).

The issue I've noted is that it is being used as a "warfare" tool on
controversial articles. I've not seen it mentioned on a talk page yet; but
one contentious article (on a subject with a large online following,
entrenched *readers* on either side of the issue) has had the bars swinging
between about 1.5 and 4 in the last week.

Not a huge issue, but I suspect that on certain articles the ratings are to
be trusted less than usual :)

Tom