[WikiEN-l] Article Feedback - Ramp up to 10% of Articles

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:31:50 UTC 2011

On 14 July 2011 18:22, WereSpielChequers <werespielchequers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cutting off the top or bottom 10% wouldn't work if 4chan targets the
> articles written by one of our editors, if anything the non4chan votes
> will be in the top 10% that you discard.
    [...]
> Unless I'm missing something and this has already  been anticipated,
> this system needs a mechanism to spot when a group of editors
> anonymously rate everything another editor has done as rubbish.

Again, this is a problem of taking the numbers too seriously.

There is *no* system *anywhere* that can't be gamed.

Before saying "we need to deal with exploit x", we should see what
exploits actually happen. Making all the rating data publicly
available for analysis (with no usernames or IPs attached, of course)
is a first step. Before proposing solutions to problems in the data,
look at the data ;-)

- d.

- d.