[WikiEN-l] Developer/Wiki relationship (was: Deployments today)

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 18:41:00 UTC 2011

This reminds me somewhat of the Vector rollout, I've just today come
across another example of why we need to upgrade newbies to Monobook
once they start editing. Monobook has a rather useful "Email this
user" option in the sidebar. I suspect Vector has something hidden
away in a dropdown menu, but if so I couldn't immediately find it and
I was expecting it to be there. If one on one advice is indeed the
best way for some newbies to learn, them Email is probably one of the
better ways for newbies to get feedback.

Another reason why we should at least test making Monobook the default
for newby editors - no objections to it being the default for readers
if they were the people it was designed for.

WereSpielChequers