No subject

Thu Feb 10 03:51:04 UTC 2011

digital pen can use to orient itself. The idea is you write stuff with
the pen, and you can see what you've written (it's a normal pen), but
you also create an electronic trace (thanks to the dots). Throw some
OCR at that, and some storage, and it's pretty easy to do this
Wikipedia app.

Question is: why would this be useful? Seems a weird use case: waste
dot paper writing the name of the article I want to look up, rather
than just searching for it on my smartphone...

Incidentally, as far back as 2001 I remember exchange students having
pens that let you scan a printed word, and it would look up that text,
and give you the definition. So it's not particularly cutting edge
technology.

Steve