[WikiEN-l] Rating the English wikipedia

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 18:01:20 UTC 2011

It would be nice if the consistency of the ratings were to improve
over time whilst the criteria remained the same, if that were to
happen we would be able to use this to monitor improvement over time.
But standards inflation has the better of us, that's why at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_article_review we
can't simply revert to the version that originally passed FA. The
current version of an old FA may well be better than when the article
passed FA, but still not meet current FA standards.

It would be great to have an accurate measure of the change in quality
of the pedia. But the ratings won't give us that.

WereSpielChequers