[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia and robots

Bob the Wikipedian bobthewikipedian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:11:20 UTC 2011

While no robot has passed the official Turing test (though many have
passed highly simplified versions of it), the idea of a central AI
system is an innovative one-- just think, "Wikipository-- the
information repository that any robot can contribute to"--

Intelligent robots are programmed to be modular in a sense that they can
receive new sets of instructions and "learn" to perform them. If robots
had a centralized global information repository, just think of the
possibilities of artificial intelligence! If such a repository could be
established and successfully implemented, it would no doubt become the
most powerful source of artificial intelligence in the world.

And regarding robots "letting" humans edit their 'pedia...unless we
program them to restrict our contributions, they can't. And even then,
WSC is correct-- what's to stop us from looking like a bot?

Bob