[WikiEN-l] Tabloid sources (was Wikipedia leadership})

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 15:08:08 UTC 2011

Note that the statement about Pinkett-Smith I quoted in the previous post
was not sourced to radaronline.com, but to the West Australian, a Perth
newspaper.

What is sourced to radaronline.com

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/08/exclusive-will-jada-new-school-head-practiced-scientology

in the [[New Village Leadership Academy]] article is the statement that the
school principal, Piano Foster, has "Scientology associations". Radar in
turn sources this to what it calls "an official Scientology list". In fact,
this is a private website, truthaboutscientology.com, which since a recent
AE thread is no longer considered a reliable source in Wikipedia. The site
says the woman once did a Scientology course (Basic Study Manual). Sorry for
the mix-up.

Here are some other uses of radaronline.com:

- Used in the [[Rachel Uchitel]] BLP to state that she was photographed
entering Tiger Woods's room.

- Used in [[Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew]] to state that "On August 31,
RadarOnline reported that Rachel Uchitel, who had been living at a sober
living facility in Malibu, California, left the facility with Dr. Pinsky's
permission in order to visit the World Trade Center site, where her fiance,
James Andrew O'Grady, was killed during the September 11, 2001 attacks."

- Used in [[Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 9)]] to state that "During
rehearsal on September 28, Lacey Schwimmer "severely strained" her hip
flexors and abductors. Her injuries required 3 weeks of physical therapy.
She continued to dance on the show during her treatments."

- Used in the [[Brian Gazer]] BLP, along with primary court sources, to
provide a detailed financial breakdown of Gazer's divorce settlement.

- Used in [[Suleman octuplets]] as a source for stating that the octuplets'
grandmother has complained that "her daughter does not contribute toward
housing or food costs".

- Used in the [[Brittany CoxXx]] BLP to state that 'Borat's producers first
contacted [Stonie's Manager, David Forest] in June 2005, he tells Radar.
"They wanted to find someone who would look 13 or 14 but was actually of
legal age and would do frontal nudity," he recalls. Cortez immediately
sprang to mind, he says, because "he's a small-framed boy but has a large
organ." How large? "About eight inches, and thick."'

We have a policy about not spreading gossip, but I see little evidence that
we adhere to it.

Andreas