[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Leadership (was NY Times article on gender gap in Wikipedia contributors}

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 17:30:48 UTC 2011

on 2/1/11 11:01 AM, Fred Bauder at fredbaud at fairpoint.net wrote:

> I think you need to define the problem. What problems are not being
> addressed by lack of centralized authority? As Stephanie suggested we
> could have an elected council. What would their role be?

Fred, you still haven't answered my questions. I see the term "consensus"
and, especially, the term "community consensus" used in many contexts on
this and other Lists. But what does it mean? And by what means is that
"community consensus" measured or determined? It's a huge Community! it's
like saying, "National policy is determined by a consensus of the American
Community"!

Marc