[WikiEN-l] Slow Response Time When Editing

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 19:06:20 UTC 2011

on 4/13/11 7:45 AM, Tim Starling at tstarling at wikimedia.org wrote:

> That sounds more like a network issue, maybe a problem with your ISP.

Tim,

I just spent some time with a Comcast technician. And, after she stopped
being amazed that I was still using Internet Explorer on a Mac, she
considered the problem and concluded that I needed to clear my cache &
cookies & whatever other snacks that were lurking there. Then, she had to
get over being amazed that I had never done this before - ever!. I learned a
lot. I can now successfully edit WP; although it's still pretty slow to
respond.

Cut me a break; you don't have to be an automotive engineer to drive a car
:-).

Thanks, again,

Marc