[WikiEN-l] Conservapedia

Bob the Wikipedian bobthewikipedian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:55:47 UTC 2011

 From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

    "[The Fiji iguanas <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brachylophus>] have
    been hypothesized to have evolved from New World iguanas that rafted
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafting_event> 8000 km west across the
    Pacific Ocean <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ocean> with the
    aid of the South Equatorial Current
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Equatorial_Current>...a rafting
    voyage of four months.... [Its] ancestors...may have been preadapted
    for such a journey by having water requirements that can be
    satisfied by food alone, as well as comparatively long egg
    incubation periods."

A highly improbable theory, but it was long-recognized as the most
plausible one until 2009.

God bless,
Bob