[WikiEN-l] How to start a viable competitor to Wikipedia?

Stephanie Daugherty sdaugherty at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 04:05:50 UTC 2011

IMO, the "next best thing" will be whatever can come along and solve
our social and community problems technologically, while being easier
to edit.
Treat assholes like bugs in the software - code around them, figure
out how you can make the experience downright painful for them while
making it easier for the sort of people that you really want to
attract. Build the software to guide people in the direction of
correct behavior, and to inherently track sourcing, etc.

Do this right, and wikipedia will be pretty much dead, do it wrong,
and we'll be laughing at you here in 6 months. :P