[WikiEN-l] Help Beat Jimmy! (The appeal, that is....)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 00:14:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have a looks at http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Special:FundraiserStatistics
> And specifically the tabs for "number of donors" and "average donation" (the current year are they dark red lines). You will see that this year is vastly more successful in terms of number of people participating in the fundraiser

Very interesting, thanks for posting that.

Maybe what I'm also feeling here is an uneasiness I get whenever
someone (particularly corporations) take credit for "raising money" or
being "good fundraisers". Credit should always go to the people who
pay the money. According to those graphs, each day more than 10,000
people have made a donation, averaging close to $30. That's amazing.

Steve