[WikiEN-l] cleaning up the Kosovo geographic names

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:31:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 7:11 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 November 2010 14:18, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
>
>> I support your efforts. Please take this to the Wikipedia:Serbian
>> Wikipedians' notice board and Project Serbia as well as keeping touch
>> with Albanian and Kosovo editors. Do something to get everyone involved
>> so that guidelines can be developed to deal with this matters.
>

> There have been *many* ethnic conflicts on Wikipedia similar to this
> that have reached arbitration. These arbitration cases may be useful
> for referencing for guidelines to apply to such situations.

I just want to point out that I am not ethnic, I really dont give a
flying cow. about all the emotions right now.
the real problem here is the quality of the kosovo articles, they are
not useful. They lack basic information that people will need if they
visit the place, like the names of things that people there call them.
The current situation is just lopsided. it needs to be fixed.

we need to have basic information about the albanian names in the
wikipedia for all major lists so that you can find things without
knowing the serbian names or owning a serbian keyboard.

thanks,
mike