[WikiEN-l] cleaning up the Kosovo geographic names

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 06:43:09 UTC 2010

Hi there,
I am working on a suggested set of guidelines for improving the poor
quality of the kosovo geographical articles while avoiding edit wars.
I wrote up a summary here and would appreciate any comments and support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mdupont#Naming_and_status_of_Kosovo_pages

Basically my points are :
0. There is no point in trying to rename the funny characters in the
serbian named articles, but we can hope to improve the quality in
general.
1. we need to make sure the english language articles are useful for
English speaking people dealing with albanian and serbian names.
2. we need to get rid of the POV forking of the Districts of Kosovo in
Serbia. We dont need parallel articles describing the same
administrative structures.
3. I need an agreement from the serbian wikipedia team that they will
not continue to remove the albanian names from the articles, we need
to encourage more local kosovar editors and I have been recruiting
many of them.

I have send this mail to the list before, but it did not get through.
We should setup  a wikipedia mailing list for the albanian language
editors, can someone help with that?

thanks,
mike

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania