[WikiEN-l] Article Feedback Tool - Request for Participation

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 16 03:27:02 UTC 2010

2010/11/9 Howie Fung <hfung at wikimedia.org>:
> While the 2010 United States mid-term elections are behind us, there are
> many other types of articles that may fit the bill (e.g., upcoming
> movies, other elections, etc.).  Right now we're targeting approximately
> 50 articles:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Article_feedback/Public_Policy_Pilot/Additional_Pages
>
> We'd appreciate your additions and thoughts regarding articles that
> would make good test cases.  And if you'd like to be part of the Article
> Feedback workgroup, please sign up on here:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Article_feedback/Public_Policy_Pilot/Workgroup

Hi all,

as per Howie's email, the rating tool is now live on most of the pages
nominated above. Please feel free to nominate additional pages. As a
reminder, this is still an experiment -- we're still trying to
determine the value of reader ratings. Right now we're analyzing both
the degree to which these ratings reflect observed changes in quality,
and we're planning a test for using the reader rating feature as an
invitation to edit.

Data so far:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Article_feedback/Public_Policy_Pilot/Early_Data

Current thinking about phase 2: