[WikiEN-l] MS Word MediaWiki addin

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Nov 3 17:28:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:33, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=8e519637-afb0-4134-a91f-7b0ebea8d933
>
> Spotted by Shizhao.
>
> Anyone used this and able to report if the wikitext output is any good?

I saw this email, i tried to write a short file in English and to save
it as MediaWiki, i got an error and no MediaWiki file was created. Too
bad.

For things like these i use the OpenOffice add-on, which is not
perfect, but works for simple documents. It understands headings and
footnotes and that is enough. (If you ask me, adding an image to a
Wikipedia article is much easier than adding one to a Word/OO
document.)

A list of such tools is available at [[WP:TOOLS]]. Several OpenOffice
tools are listed there; the only one i managed to use is "Sun Wiki
Publisher". If you find something better, please edit that page!

--
אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי · Amir Elisha Aharoni
http://aharoni.wordpress.com