[WikiEN-l] List of the deleted articles (was: Administrator coup / mass deletions)

Apoc 2400 apoc2400 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 01:21:56 UTC 2010

> 2010/1/21 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> > Does anyone have a summary of the articles deleted in the present
> > blood-crazed axe frenzy? Is there a list up? And/or a description of
> > the general type of BLP deleted?
> >
> > I understand many were hardly-viewed articles with no edits in the
> > last six months. Which sounds innocuous enough, but remember that
> > [[John Seigenthaler]] was one of those until the subject noticed.
> >

> Here you go,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:The_wub/Lazarus
>
> It only includes deletions by one admin so far, but I plan to add more
> tomorrow. Also useful things like google cached versions for
> non-admins.
>
> I also have a list at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Apoc2400/Deletion_list
Deletions by five admins, not containing PROD nominations. My impression is
that the notability varies from borderline to medium to quite high, with
most in the middle. Completely non-notable people just don't stay for years.
I have been able to find sources for 90% of the deleted articles I have
tried to restore, and perhaps 80% would pass an ordinary AfD. Among them are
former prime ministers, many former cabinet of smaller countries, national
legislature members and of course a lot of athletes and artists from
non-English countries of varying notability.

The meme that unsourced articles are pure crap is just wrong. Some are quite
well written, but by someone who didn't know (or care?) about our sourcing
requirements.