[WikiEN-l] Save a BLP

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:57:15 UTC 2010

IMHO a lot of the problems with unsourced BLP would go away if it were
easier to find sources.

So, I did what I always do: Write a tool :-)

To get a random article from [[Category:BLP articles lacking sources]]:
http://toolserver.org/~magnus/save_a_blp.php

To get a specific page:
http://toolserver.org/~magnus/save_a_blp.php?page=Elvan_Abeylegesse

The tool shows you additional information on the right side of the page:
* small google search window
* list of existing external links
* list of external URLs in interwiki-linked pages

I thought about including external URLs from images used on the page,
but that would probably just introduce more noise.

If you have an idea of what else to show, you know where I live...

Cheers,
Magnus