[WikiEN-l] Administrator coup / mass deletions

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 23 19:41:31 UTC 2010

Nathan wrote:
> The new arbitration case is an utterly predictable outgrowth of the
> BLP mass deletions and their endorsement by the arbitration committee.

<snip>

What price reduction of arbitrators' terms, so that a January ArbCom
might have even less collective memory and experience?

Actually nothing much about all this is "utterly" predictable, except
the volatility.

As the title of the thread shows, some people do not "assume good faith"
any more. As the events themselves show, "be bold" is not dead. As the
proposal to request arbitation shows, there has grown up a culture of
disregarding the RfC route, to get "action" rather than a structured
discussion. (As for any reliance on AN for admin discussion, that is an
unchartered institution.)

What our history books show is that the ArbCom has to pick up the pieces
after a "wheel war", and that forcing the issue is the basic crime.
"Forcing the issue" does not equate to "be bold" at all (you need to add
a stubborn, self-righteous approach).

Charles