[WikiEN-l] Administrator coup / mass deletions

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 21:49:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chicken Little is a fairly good comparison. I see in this group of
> BLPs only the possibility of potential problems. I am waiting for
> evidence that any of those deleted without checking so far has done
> harm by being there.

You probably won't be getting that evidence, since the way the policy
is in place, the burden of proof isn't on the person removing the
content-- it's on the person adding it. That's not just how BLP works,
but the verifiability policy as well, and that's a Good Thing(tm). If
people want to add content to Wikipedia, they ought to be providing
sources for it. We're somewhat lax about enforcing that when it's
inanimate objects, but we aren't lax about it when we're talking about
real people. That seems to me to be the right balance.

- causa sui