[WikiEN-l] Administrator coup / mass deletions

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Fri Jan 22 15:36:44 UTC 2010

At 07:34 PM 1/21/2010, Ryan Delaney wrote:

>Repeat after me: Pure Wiki Deletion. Pure Wiki Deletion.
>
>- causa sui

Pure Wiki Deletion.

Well, I'd add a note to the article. PWD deals with the problem
without destroying the work that was done on the article, it is there
for anyone to recover. The note would provide a link to clear
instructions on how to replace the article, with a request not to
restore it without adding sources. Done by bot, this would
immediately deal with the BLP problem, en masse, without the harmful
effects of deletion. Adding a cat to the article, maybe "Blanked
BLP," would make all such articles easy to find, for people who want
to restore them with sources. The instructions for restoration would
ask the restorer to remove the category.

If some such article is repeatedly restored without sources by IP, it
could be semi-pro'd. But, otherwise, this action requires no admin privileges.

Pure Wiki Deletion.