[WikiEN-l] Administrator coup / mass deletions

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 18:05:39 UTC 2010

2010/1/21 Bod Notbod <bodnotbod at gmail.com>:

> Now, presumably if I use the IMDB biog as a reference I bet I will be
> done for copyvio, even though our article came *first*.
> So... what to do? Deletion looms.

Explain the situation on the talk page. Basically, you wrote the text
on IMDB as well. There is nothing wrong with this.

As a reference, it's now basically a first-party reference - it's a
bio approved by the subject. Not enough for third-party, but good for
e.g. resolving "innocuous", etc.

If it ends up deleted, hey. See if you can recreate from third-party
sources with the approved bio as is usable.

- d.