[WikiEN-l] Administrator coup / mass deletions

Emily Monroe bluecaliocean at me.com
Thu Jan 21 17:45:44 UTC 2010

As I understand it, a bunch of adminstrators deleted a bunch of
articles that they felt violated BLP aganist community consensus.

On one hand, it is quite important that we don't say something that
isn't true, controversial or not. We ARE used as a source, like it or
not, and of course, anything false that is stated on Wikipedia can
damage reputations, both of Wikipedia and other people.

On the other hand, BLP is supposed to apply to only *controversial*
information, and deletion is supposed to be a last resort.