[WikiEN-l] Administrator coup / mass deletions

Cool Hand Luke failure.to.communicate at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:48:51 UTC 2010

You have quoted Malleus and attributed it to me.  I don't know why.  If you
think I should recuse from this case, I will.  Don't trouble yourself over
that.

To clarify, I said "I support any civil disobedience *in support of BLP*."

Prior to my arrival on ArbCom, the policy was described in this way:
"Administrators are authorized to use any and *all means* at their disposal
to ensure that every Wikipedia article is in full compliance with the letter
and spirit of the biographies of living persons policy."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Footnoted_quotes#Special_enforcement_on_biographies_of_living_persons

In a very real way, BLP trumps all other policies, as it ought to.

Remember also that "The burden of proof is on those who wish to retain the
article to demonstrate that it is compliant with every aspect of the
policy."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Badlydrawnjeff

Cool Hand Luke