[WikiEN-l] The Curious Incident of the Fans in the Night

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:20:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, David Gerard wrote:
>> If they want to filibuster the reliability of this source, it speaks
>> of some child being Robert Heinlein's great-grandson ... Heinlein
>> didn't have any children. I wonder where they got that from.
>
> Wikipedia's article on Heinlein nowhere says he didn't have any children.
> It's generally accepted that he and Virginia didn't have any children, but
> Virginia was his third wife, and he was married to his second for 15 years.

True, but the New York Times obituary says he was survived only by his
third wife. If he had children by either 1 or 2, wouldn't they have
mentioned it? And try googling around a bit; you'll find nothing, and
even the occasional hit specifically claiming there were no children
(http://www.nitrosyncretic.com/rah/rahfaq.html#0106)

--
gwern