[WikiEN-l] Google bows to censorship

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 19 11:27:47 UTC 2010

Daniel R. Tobias wrote:
> On 17 Jan 2010 09:13:08, Fred Bauder wrote:
>

>>> I'm so torn. On the one hand, the hypocrisy is blinding - filtering
>>> its search results is exactly what Google was doing in China. On the
>>> other hand, it's Encyclopedia Dramatica...
>>>
>>> --
>>> gwern
>>>
>> Oh, they're cool; shine it on...
>>
>> Fred Bauder
>>

> But they're just implementing your brilliant ArbCom decision of a few
> years ago, which launched the BADSITES Wars!

Which we certainly want to rerun. No, wait, three people want to go
through it all again ... And anyone who read the press cuttings would
definitely bring this up on every subsequent occasion. No, wait, that's
hacks giving themselves 30 minutes to prepare for an interview ...  And
googling "Badsites" shows this is a huge topic of wide interest. No,
wait, the top hit is in D. Tobias's userspace ...

Charles