[WikiEN-l] The Curious Incident of the Fans in the Night

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 22:44:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:29 PM, quiddity <pandiculation at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
>> elsewhere.  Our rules generally don't say we can't use information unless
>> it has *two* sources; and in this case it's obvious that the reason the
>> information is hard to find is that Neil Gaiman is trying to keep it quiet,
>> not that it isn't true.
>>

> Unless there's a [[Template:Notable_Wikipedian]] tag missing from the
> article's talkpage,
> I suspect you probably mean "Neil Gaiman's /fans are/ trying to keep
> it quiet". Not neilhimself...!
>
> quiddity.

No, I think he meant Neil.

Did you know there's not one single use of the term 'Scientology' on
neilgaiman.com or any subdomains? Given his family is Scientologist,
he was raised a Scientologist in a major bastion of Scientology,
married a Scientologist, and so on, and given that people have been
interested in all the foregoing for a long time, and also given that
he used to have comments on the website, and *also* given that he is
historically very responsive to random questions about just about
anything* - the utter silence must be deliberate. Which is as one
would expect.

* I know this from personal experience:
http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2004/09/from-mailbag-er-i-won-huck.asp

--