[WikiEN-l] Google bows to censorship

James Alexander jamesofur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:17:40 UTC 2010

To be honest I don't totally see it as hypocrisy, inconsistent? Perhaps a
bit, I actually saw the Google statement as less "we don't support
censorship" and more of a "you broke the implicit (or explicit I don't know)
agreement. I think the biggest thing was that Google thought that if we were
working with China and going along with their filtering they should be
leaving us alone. Instead they decided to attack us and therefore we can no
longer trust them.

 User:Jamesofur
James Alexander
james.alexander at rochester.edu
Wiki:jamesofur at gmail.com <Wiki%3Ajamesofur at gmail.com>
100 gmail invites and no one to give them to :( let me know if you want one
:)