[WikiEN-l] Eschatology and Wikipedia

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 22:16:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 4:47 AM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> On 12/23/10 1:31 PM, George Herbert wrote:
>>
>> The social stuff which is complex is something which is a barrier, but
>> one that all western society members who are modern communications
>> literate are fundamentally equipped to handle.  Some will fail at it
>> but you really just need to be good at electronic communications,
>> functionally literate, and social enough to handle basic give and take
>> discussions.
> This seems to beg the question: How do you define "modern communications
> literate"?

Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, smartphone user.

Those are a 95%+ solution for kids and young adults, if not 99%, and
are easy enough for older adults (my parents, etc) to the point that
they're arguably better than an 80% solution for the US population.

If we were that good, we'd be golden.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com