[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia is not a dictionary (was: Re: Old Wikipedia backups discovered)

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Dec 28 14:39:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think what I'm trying to say is: any word which is itself notable
> deserves an encyclopaedia article explaining why.

What makes a word notable?  Without looking in Wikipedia:  Is "argh"
notable?  Is "ahoy" notable?  Is "because" notable?  Is "awesome"
notable?  Is "anorexic" notable?  Is "shithead" notable?  Is "hungry"
notable?  How do we decide whether or not a word is "notable"?  What
are the guidelines that should be used?