[WikiEN-l] Eschatology and Wikipedia

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Dec 28 11:37:07 UTC 2010

On 12/22/10 1:53 AM, Peter Coombe wrote:

> I do think there are fewer opportunities for such "easy" edits on
> Wikipedia now. Typos seem to be far less common thanks to
> semi-automated tools such as AWB, and most articles are generally more
> mature. Plus the wikicode of articles grows ever more intimidating.

You can still find them by reading. The tools may very well catch
non-words or common misuses, but will it catch a plurals when there
should be a singular, or wrong verb tenses?  Excessive wikicode for
templates or in-line references is a problem for simple edits.  If one
sees an error in the normal text, it can be a chore to find it again in
edit mode when it is buried in the code.

Ec